Enjoy the sand, sun, and salt water this August at the Philadelphia Outrigger Canoe Club’s 6th Annual Hoe Wa’a Challenge!
Canoe Loan Request: July 15, 2017.
Team Registration: August 1, 2017 (11:59PM EDT)
Late Registration: August 2, 2017 – August 9, 2017 ($420 USD)
Crews in need of a canoe should read the Canoe Loans section below and related info. All teams must register through PaddleGuru.
- Registration fee is $360 USD per crew.
- Late Registration fee is $420 USD per crew.
- No race day registrations will be accepted.
- Registration fees are per crew not per paddler
- Each registered crew will receive 6 luau tickets (at race check-in) which are transferable.
July 15, 2017 deadline for teams borrowing canoes. Canoe rental cost is $300, payment and coordination of canoe rental to be processed through Philadelphia Outrigger Canoe Club (entire payment will be passed to club renting their canoe). Please do not reach out to other clubs for canoe rental to avoid double booking. Teams that complete registration and provide payment of registration fees prior to July 15, 11:59PM EDT will be given first consideration for boat loans. Please indicate your need for a canoe on the google form link on the registration page. After July 15, 2017, teams in need of a canoe for the race must have approval from the Registration Team before registering on PaddleGuru via email at email@example.com
All crews should read the registration information and rules prior to registering. The Hoe Wa`a Registration team can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
20% cancellation fee will be assessed for all registrations cancelled by July 31, 2017 11:59 PM EDT. 100% Cancellation fee will be assessed for all registrations cancelled after August 1. 2017 12:01 AM EDT. NO CANCELLATION for Late Registration.
Mandatory crew packet pickup and captain’s safety meeting will be held on Saturday August 12, 2017 6:30AM EDT (womens), 9:00AM EDT (mens), and 12:00PM EDT (mixed).
RACE DAY SCHEDULE:
- 6:30 a.m. Registration check-in tent open
- 6:30 a.m. Women’s Captain’s Meeting
- 7:30 a.m. Women’s Race – 12 miles
- 9:00 a.m. Men’s Captain’s Meeting
- 10:30 a.m. Men’s race – 12 miles
- 12:00 p.m. Mixed Captain’s Meeting
- 1:30 p.m. Mixed Race – 9 miles
- 3:00 p.m. Post-race tear down at the inlet. Transfer to luau location
- 5:00 p.m. Luau – (Luau Location: Laguna Grill & Rum Bar)
- 5:45 p.m. Awards
FREE AGENT PADDLERS
Paddlers welcome to form a team not affiliated with a club. Use this Hoe Wa’a Facebook Post to connect. Once a team is formed, the captain can register the team.
- Luau included in athlete’s registration fee – ticket is your racing wristband
- Double paddlers will receive 2 tickets (wristbands) which can be picked up at the registration tent on race day – these are transferable.
- Extra luau tickets for guests available for purchase at http://www.pocchoewaa.com/luau/ and tickets (ie. wristbands) can be picked up at the registration tent on race day.
- Adults 12+ years: $35.00
- Children 6-12 years: $15.00
- Children under 6 years: free